Thursday, September 29, 2011

Learning Lab-Apples

I was lucky enough to be off one Friday and got to go volunteer at Brooklyn's school!  She had a great learning lab involving apples going on that day in her class and Mrs. Hutson needed parent volunteers.  I got up there about 9 and stayed for lunch and everything!  It was so fun to be a momma!  It was a great lab that was full of learning, using science tools, science vocabulary, and hands on activities!  Her class was very well behaved but I definitely learned why I teach older kids!  I couldn't teach kindergarten to save my life!  Wow!!!  While I was there, Mrs. Hutson discussed several things with me...Brooklyn is talking in class which is becoming an issue, then she said she is doing other people's work for them.  I was devestated to hear negative things about Brooklyn.  She has never had ANY behavioral issues!  Mrs. Hutson suggested that we reccommend her for GT to see if she qualifies.  I stayed to fill out 45 minutes of paperwork.  She thinks that Brooklyn will qualify....we have always wondered but we are thinking she is still young to be able to tell....we shall see!  We talked to Brooklyn, tears were shed, and now we are hoping that her behavior improves!











No comments:

Post a Comment