Curt and I got new road bikes this summer and have been looking forward to taking them out for our first ride together! Today we woke up early (3:30 am VERY EARLY) to drive to Lufkin. We checked in and and started our ride at 8:00! It was crowded but not too crazy! I was fine as long as I was not at the front of the start...it was too crowded up there! This was my first official ride but definitely not Curt's. He was so encouraging during the uphills! It started in Lufkin and went through country roads of other small towns. It was a wonderfully pretty ride and a gorgeous day! The morning was very cold...I spent the ride at the beginning as a big goose bump but it warmed up for a great remainder of the ride. There were many hills...I struggled through the uphills but LOVED the downhills! We finished 25 miles in 2 hours and 3 minutes which I thought was pretty good. We got up to 31mph on the downhills and averaged 12.3 mph on the ride! We only took our phone so the pictures that we got are from it but they turned out ok!
 |
| Starting line! |
 |
| Curt gearing up for the ride! |
 |
| Before the ride! |
 |
| The second rest stop! |
 |
| Helped our legs feel refreshed! |
 |
| The finish line!!!!!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment