Saturday, May 28, 2011

Brooklyn's Graduation from PreK

We feel truly blessed to have had Brooklyn enrolled in the Early Learning Academy for the past 2 years.  She has learned SO MUCH academically, socially, and emotionally.  She has matured in all of the areas so much and I am CONFIDENT that she will do amazingly well in kindergarten!  She has loved all of the facts that she has learned about the various themes of study they have had!  She often randomly brings facts up that she has learned many months ago!  I must admit that I think Daddy and I have learned a few things we didn't know also.  She has gotten in the happen of completing 3 nights of homework a week and LOVES it!  I will relish in that now because I know it will not always be that way!  Her head teacher was Mrs. Sanford who is amazing!  Brooklyn's new favorite colors are red and black because those are Mrs. Sanford's!  Mrs. Sue was wonderful for Brooklyn.  She loved Brooklyn and always reassured me that she was doing well in school.  We are sad that Ms. Kristina will not be back next year because she is transferring universities!  She was always a great listening ear and loved Brooklyn like she was her own!  She helped her become brave and not cry at everything!  Mrs. Claudia joined us mid-year and we were so excited that she joined.  She is such a calming personality which I am sure is welcomed in a crazy class of 4 year olds!
Her graduation was WONDERFUL!  The kids all led the rest of the group in a song that the class voted on.  There were about 10 songs or so and then they ended with the Daily report and Presentation of Certificates.  The Daily Report is a daily occurance in class when they say their name and answer the question from Channel 4 where we learn more!  The question at the graduation was, "What do you want to be when you grow up?"  Brooklyn's response was, "When I grow up I want to be a vet," then she started to pass the microphone on and then grabbed it back and added that her name was Brooklyn Juliann Alford!  She was so mature when her graduation cap fell off in the middle of the program.  She just let it fall off and kept on singing!  I was so so proud of her!!!!!!
Ready for graduation!
Colson dressed up for the day also!

Funny faces!
Being goofy!!

The programs were beautiful!

The inside was so cute!

Pomp and Circumstance

This is what Brooklyn's mouth does when she is trying not to smile! 

Brooklyn and Sam led the class in "Happy Days"


Got our certificates from the principal of Wunsche Senior High School!

Sam-Brooklyn-Alyssa



Mrs. Sanford is our angel!

Love our Wednesday mornings with Mrs. Sue

Miss Jessica was our high school helper in the afternoons!

This is Mrs. Claudia

We made gift card pots for all of the teachers!

Mrs. Kristina

I got to do all of the money collecting and shopping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment