Saturday, November 19, 2011

Getting Ready for Fall!

The kids are always so excited about picking pumpkins and carving them!  This year they each got to pick their own!  It was interesting to see their choices....Colson picks one that stands just right and is the typical looking "normal" pumpkin and does so in about 30 seconds!  Brooklyn, stews over her decision for quite a long time and then picks this pumpkin that is lopsided, has huge blemishes all over it and the little gourd-looking pimples all over!  Though I loved it, I knew it would be impossible to carve, so I sent her in for the hunt again!  About 15 minutes later, Brooklyn reluctantly picks a "normal" looking pumpkin and said, "I guess I will just be happy with this one!"  OH BROTHER!  I just thought this was very telling of their personalities!
One day after school, we started our carving.  Colson was excited at first and then that changed very soon!  I ended up carving his and he just played in the goo from the inside!  I used a mallet and cookie cutters and we did a fall pumpkin for him and Brooklyn wanted a "plain" Jack-o-lantern! 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment