Tuesday, January 31, 2017

January 2017

HAPPY 2017!  We had a lot of trials to end our 2016 with ill family members, so we are hoping that 2017 will be much better!
 We often spend a lot of time outside in January because the weather is so nice.  We had a VERY mild winter which made time camping, hiking, and playing outside very enjoyable!
CAMPING WITH THE MOFFITT FAMILY
Martin Dies State Park













 Colson joined flag football through I9 for the first time and LOVED it!  He has really enjoyed this football season and is taking his games very seriously!  He is learning so much on the team.  He has a wonderful coach and some good players to play with.  GO COWBOYS!





 HIKING AT MERCER ARBORETUM




BROOKLYN'S 3RD PIECE OF ART TO MAKE IT INTO THE RODEO ART SHOW FOR KLEIN ISD!




Brooklyn and her art teacher


Miss Shelly from church came to see Brooklyn's art!


These are her other pieces that have made the shows in the past!


Much of January was spent taking care of Granny.  Granny was moved into hospice care in January and went to be with her savior on January 25.  I will never forget the day as I was walking in to visit her, had my hand of the door of Park Manor, when I got the call that she had just passed away.  I ran through the faciility and found my dad with Granny.  It was such a difficult time.  The services were in Memphis, so my mom and dad were responsible for getting everything there.  


My Granny was a beautiful lady and I know she is walking the streets of gold with all of her siblings, and her parents.  I know she is watching over me every day.  The last thing she said to me: Granny:  Be good now honey.  Allison: I am always good Granny.  Granny:  Uh-huh!  She made me laugh.
I feel so blessed that the kids got to spend so much time with Granny since she has been in Houston for the last 5 years of her life.  We love Granny.

 Donald Trump was inaugurated this year as our President of the United States of America.  I turned on jus tthe swearing in so that my students could see a piece of our nation's history.
LEMM ELEMENTARY TALENT SHOW

Choir performance for both kids
 Brooklyn and Karianne did an art act to the music from The Pink Panther.  It was VERY cute, creative and well done!







No comments:

Post a Comment